Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God - Galatians 4:7

Processed with VSCO with t1 preset

Galatians 4:7 English Standard Version
So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.

So my Christmas break was way crazier (and greater) than I had expected. It was so great that I almost forgot the real reason for the season. Luckily, I had many daily reminders of why I was not in school and why I was buying presents for my family and friends. Christmas is such a wonderful time of the year and it always makes me so happy. This year, I was able to visit a lot of different churches, grottos, and shrines over my break and I went to daily mass a lot and just had a much deeper Christmas experience than I ever thought I could.

This past Sunday was the Feast of the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God. I love Mary so much and have had a strong attachment to her ever since I was a freshman in high school. I went to mass this past weekend by myself and was very interested in the second reading, Saint Paul’s Letter to the Galatians. To honor Mary, we have to remember that she is the Mother of God. In God’s Kingdom, she stands as Queen. In Paul’s letter, God shows us that we are no longer slaves (to sin or to anyone) but we are children of God, and if children then we are heirs to His Kingdom.

I love this verse because it truly reminds me of why Jesus was born. With Mary’s strength and courage, Jesus was born in order to ransom us, and save us from sin. Because of Christ, we are heirs to his throne, and just thinking about that is so wonderful! I love remembering that I can go to heaven and that I am an heir through God. Hearing this message in church made me realize how lucky we all are for the magnificent baby Jesus.

In this upcoming year, I hope to enhance my relationship with God even more than I have already and lead new people Christ. I hope to remember everyday that I am an heir through God and that I am worthy of His love and forgiveness. I want God to know how much I love Him, and I want to show the world that I love him, and that I am not afraid to love Him.

Thought Questions:

How can you help others realize that they are heirs to God’s kingdom?

What can you do in this new year to help increase your relationship with God?

How can you show God your appreciation for His love and forgiveness?

No comments:

Post a Comment